[Dovecot] Bus factor of dovecot / GIT

Steinar Bang sb at dod.no
Thu Nov 17 00:45:28 EET 2011

> I'm not as much against git anymore as I was when I switched to hg,
> but I don't see much benefits in switching to git either. I highly
> doubt I'd get even a single patch more if I used git instead of hg.

FWIW the distingushing feature of git isn't that it is a ditributed
VCS.  It's the ease with which it does branching and merging.

What put me off git for a long time, was Linus' arrogance wrt. to
existing version control systems.  But after using git, I have to admit
that it is... quite clever.  Especially the branching and merging stuff.