[Dovecot] Getting started with sieve and conversion from procmail

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 03:42:04 EET 2011

Hi,

My apologies if a previous message appeared twice. Not sure how that
happened...

> Okay, that fixed it. It's now delivering mail properly, thanks.
>
> Just to be clear I understand, if I use the following .procmailrc, it
> should save all messages with the X-Spam-Status header in xspamstatus,
> and everything else gets delivered to /var/spool/mail/user, correct?
>
> DELIVER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver
>
> :0
> * ^X-Spam-Status
> | $DELIVER -m xspamstatus

I thought this was working, but it doesn't create or populate a folder
named xspamstatus although it executes deliver:

procmail: [30333] Wed Nov 16 20:39:36 2011
procmail: Assigning "COMSAT=no"
procmail: Assigning "COMSAT=no"
procmail: Assigning "DELIVER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver"
procmail: Match on "^X-Spam-Status"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -m xspamstatus"
>From smarchant at mydomain.com.au  Wed Nov 16 20:39:36 2011
procmail: Executing "/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver,-m,mymailbox"
 Subject: Riverside (97293)
  Folder: /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -m mymailbox                       28400

I've set lda_mailbox_autocreate to yes, but it still doesn't create
it. Is this folder relative to ~user/mail/ ?

Is there an index file that dovecot-lda updates for imap? Can I just
eliminate it entirely and just have procmail do all the delivery?

Thanks again,
Alex