[Dovecot] uid=error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Nov 21 20:06:19 EET 2011

On 21.11.2011, at 8.52, Paresh Chalke wrote:

> We are facing this issue on our mail server
> 1. Two email id's are mapped to a same account
> 2. If I send a mail to both the account simultaneously i get below error
>
> "Nov 21 12:13:37 blade8 dovecot: lda(kapil.gupta at qlc.in): save: box=INBOX,
> uid=error, msgid=<1321857820.4ec9f31ce638c at SwiftMailer.generated>, size=10921"

This is the "info" message from mail_log plugin about what happened to mail. Besides this one, there should be another error message from lda saying what actually happened. The above informational message doesn't really say anything, except that a mail was first saved but then the save transaction was rollbacked.