[Dovecot] Indexes to MLC-SSD

Patrick Westenberg pw at wk-serv.de
Tue Nov 22 12:17:12 EET 2011

Jan-Frode Myklebust schrieb:

> I wondered that too. It looked to me like you tried to ask where the
> lmtp-service picks up the path to indexes, right? AFAIU it picks that up
> from the /var/run/dovecot/auth-master socket.

No. I want to know if dovecot writes to the indexes if it receives a
mail via lmtp.

Someone proposed to store the index files on a locally installed SSD on
a frontend (imap) machine and stick the users to that machine but if the
lmtp-service writes to the indexes (and I think he does), that machine
needs access to the indexes too which will bring us back to shared storage.