[Dovecot] Solaris hardware crypto engines

Martin Preen preen at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Nov 24 10:45:26 EET 2011

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 23:49 +0100, Martin Preen wrote:
>
>> # /usr/sfw/bin/openssl engine
>> (pkcs11) PKCS #11 engine support

>>> It should work for POP3 as well, all of the SSL code is shared.
>> I couldn't find the EncryptUpdate call which has to be changed too
>> (due to the howto documents). Maybe some other call needs e patch.
>> But I don't know which.
>
> What EncryptUpdate?.. I've anyway added the engine init/deinit calls in
> your email to v2.1 hg. Lets hope it works :) At least it didn't break
> when I tried it with "dynamic" value (which is the only engine my
> OpenSSL supports).

Probably I'm wrong (I have no experience with SSL programming). I thught
the EncryptUpdate was necessary for the encoding of the SSL data stream.
But maybe there has to be a link between engine initialization and the
SSL contexts ?

Martin

Martin Preen, Universität Freiburg, Institut für Informatik
Georges-Koehler-Allee 52, Raum EG-006, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

phone: ++49 761 203-8250      preen at informatik.uni-freiburg.de
fax: ++49 761 203-8242        swt.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~preen