[Dovecot] How to create home directories for virtual users?

Olli Räisänen olli.raisanen at telemail.fi
Thu Nov 24 21:23:33 EET 2011

Tom Hendrikx kirjoitti 2011-11-24 kello 18:13:47:

> How about using /srv/vmail/%d/%n for homedir, and /srv/vmail/%d/%n/mail
> as mailstore?

Well, yes - at least the home directory will be created that way. Still,
PostfixAdmin will not store the path in the maibox table home field. Perhaps
it is enough to include the path in the Dovecot user_query?

> Otherwise, postfixadmin has a post-create hook that is able to execute
> arbitrary scripts, creating homedirs should be among the included
> examples.

If you are referring to maildir_name_hook in config.inc.php script, no,
homedirs are not included (in Postfix Admin version 2.3.4).

Thank you anyway, Tom! I must consider your advice.
Olli