[Dovecot] Seen flag getting lost

e-frog e-frog at gmx.de
Fri Nov 25 19:23:59 EET 2011

On 25.11.2011 17:59, wrote Ed W:
> On 25/11/2011 12:49, Edgar Fuß wrote:

> You don't have any Thunderbird clients accessing this box do you?  I
> have some wierd issue where our TB with the option "don't mark message
> read", still triggers messages to be marked read... Wierdly it only does
> it on some messages and all those from specific senders - can't
> correlate it with anything obvious in the message itself though...

I had the same issue a while ago with Thunderbird. On one installation
it worked on another it didn't. After comparing their config I found the
culprit. Changing

	mail.server.default.mime_parts_on_demand

to **false** fixed this issue for me.

This setting is discussed in...

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Entire_message_fetched_when_opening_a_IMAP_message

... but not mentioning the "don't mark message as read" issue.

Regards,
e-frog

  *
  * Englisch