[Dovecot] Different default realm per listener

Kai Arif arif at team.de.inter.net
Wed Nov 2 16:28:05 EET 2011

Hi all!

I want create a large IMAP server setup where dovecot is listening on multiple interfaces and needs
a different default realm on each interface. I'm using dovecot 2.0.5 on FreeBSD9 and authenticate
against a LDAP database.
I found an old mail thread from 2007 that said I'm basically screwed. Has that change since than? Is
there any way to use different default realms per listener?

Best regards
Kai

--
Kai Arif - System Administrator
Inter.net Germany GmbH

Fon +49 30 25430 0
Fax +49 30 25430 499
arif at team.de.inter.net
www.de.inter.net

Legal-Information:
Inter.net Germany GmbH,
HRB #79136, Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg,
UST-IdNr:: DE 813 165 159
FA für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Geschäftsführer: Jörn Lubkoll

Zuständige Regulierungsbehörde:
Bundesnetzagentur Chemnitz, Liselotte-Herrmann-Str. 20a, 09127 Chemnitz, Registriernummer: 06/164