[Dovecot] setacl fails - does not find dovecot-acl file

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 4 21:47:39 EET 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-22 at 15:16 +0200, Michael Stilkerich wrote:

> dovecot: imap(michael): Error:
> fstat(/home/dovecot/michael/.test/dovecot-acl.lock) failed: No such file
> or directory

This is some weird filesystem? fstat() isn't supposed to ever fail with
ENOENT.

> Another thing that irritates me is that dovecot seems to use the dotlock
> locking method, although I explicitly set lock_method to
> fcntl (also tried flock, same behavior).

The lock_method setting only affects index files. There are several
others that always use dotlocks, because they're rarely enough modified
that the dotlock performance doesn't matter. That's also why I haven't
bothered to set use_excl_lock for them.