[Dovecot] Multiple Patitions with with mdbox

Peer Heinlein p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de
Tue Nov 8 16:19:05 EET 2011

Having > 10 TByte mailstore filesystem-checks takes too much time.

At the moment we have four different partitions, but I don't like to set
symlinks or LDAP-flags to sort customers and their domains to there
individual mount-point. I'd like to work with mdbox:/mail/%d/%n to calculate
the path automatically.

How do you handle >> 10 TB mailstore?

I'm very interested in the feature "alternative mailstore" with mdbox,
because that makes it very easy to use at least TWO filesystems without any
tricky configuration.

I think I'd love to have <n> alternative mailstores. Why does dbox doesn't
look for its m.*-files in more then two directorys? Sure, looking in 4
directorys would lead to four disc operations, but maybe it could be very
helpful.

Peer
--

Heinlein Professional Linux Support GmbH
Linux: Akademie - Support - Hosting

Tel: 030/405051-42
Fax: 030/405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 93818 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Geschäftsführer: Peer Heinlein  -- Sitz: Berlin