[Dovecot] Can't delete sub-folder

pch0317 pch0317 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:33:59 EET 2011

Hi list,

I have problem with deleting sub-folder.
I use thunderbird 8.0 as a client and dovecot 2.0.9 with imap protocol
as a server. I use dovecot with tb-extra-mailbox-sep parameter. I use
mbox mailboxes and thunderbird with *not checked* option 'server
supports folders that contain sub-folders and messages' so when I create
sub-folder I can choose between 'folders only' and 'messages only'.

When I try to delete 'parent' folder which contain 'messages only'
folder, error message appear: [ALREADYEXISTS] Mailbox has children,
delete them first. Ok, so I delete 'message only' folder first and try
to delete parent folder, but the same error appear: [ALREADYEXISTS]
Mailbox has children, delete them first.
When I list mailboxes from console I see inside 'parent' folder ".imap"
folder. When I delete .imap folder from console and then delete parent
folder from thunderbird, parent folder is deleted correctly.

Which application create this ".imap" hidden folder and how solve this
problem.

Thanks