[Dovecot] dovecot-lda quota rule

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Thu Nov 10 20:59:32 EET 2011

I really like the feature where you can define quota rules with percents
which trigger off of the default values[0] (so you can set the Trash to
allow for 10% more of the user's quota for example).

What I would really love in dovecot would be for the ability to
configure a quota rule for dovecot-lda. I would like to configure things
so we don't bounce emails for users until they are well over quota, the
IMAP quota plugin is a really great way to notify people that they are
over quota because it fails to write to other folders.... that should be
enough to get people's attention that they need to deal with things, but
bouncing is harsh.

Is there a way to do this now that I haven't seen?

thanks!
micah

0. http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration