[Dovecot] [re] patching dovecot for managesieve/sieve

Scott Lewis scott_the_musician at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 13 12:40:20 EET 2011

My apologies for the repost yesterday; it was not intentional. I was attempting to post a followup from my mobile, when something went awry with the editing options on my phone.
Anyway..

 I have managed to download and compile my own patched dovecot/dovecot-sieve/dovecot-managesieve modules from scratch, with Thanks to this page

hardc0l2e.wordpress.com/2010/02/26/managesieve-with-dovecot-on-centos-5-4/

But when I run http://mydomain.com/src/configtest.php ,  I am still getting the following rather non-descriptive error:

"I could not determine the capabilities for Sieve Mail Filtering. Perhaps connectivity with ManageSieve server (if backend=ManageSieve) is bad?"

Where else can I look to resolve this? should managesieve show up as its own /etc/init.d service? Or does dovecot simply control it?
How can I confirm that deliver is being used as my LDA?

Thanks again,
Scott