[Dovecot] metadata plugin problems

Georg Martius georg.martius at web.de
Sun Nov 13 23:57:46 EET 2011

Hi,

I have trouble with the metadata plugin. I compiled dovecot 2.0.15 from source
and also the plugin [2] separately. I work on debian/lenny. I had some trouble
compiling it (autoconf somehow didn't insert the DOVECOT_IMAP_INCLUDE
variable, I have not idea why)

Anyway, I did as described in [1].
Do I have to create: the file /var/lib/dovecot/shared-metadata ?

The server starts without errors, but I get for instance the following error
message:
"Failed to write some annotations for 'Contacts' on the IMAP server.
SetMetaData failed, server replied: A000076 NO Parsing entry failed"
 from my KMail.

How can I test that the plugin is actually active and working?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
  Georg

[1]http://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg38887.html