[Dovecot] XUIDL Migration problems

Steve H steveh at itbasecamp.com.au
Tue Nov 15 02:08:33 EET 2011

Hello All,

I am new to Dovecot and the Dovecot mailing list.

I am trying to migrate an existing Exim + qpopper - mbox (pop3 only) installation over to Exim + Dovecot using mdir (pop3 and imap)
And am running into problems with preserving the XUIDL headers.

I am running Dovecot 2.0.14

I have used the mb2md.pl script : http://dovecot.org/tools/mb2md.pl from this page http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/MailFormat to migrate and import the mboxes
And have the following pop3 uidl settings in my configuration .

pop3_reuse_xuidl = yes
pop3_save_uidl = yes
protocols = imap pop3
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }
}
service pop3-login {
  inet_listener pop3 {
    port = 110
  }
  inet_listener pop3s {
    port = 995
    ssl = yes
  }
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_reuse_xuidl = yes
  pop3_save_uidl = yes
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

The problem specifically is that when I test the migration and import a mailbox, I am able to connect via IMAP using Thunderbird  and Outlook 2007 and the Read / Unread status is preserved.
However when I connect via POP3 the Read/Unread status is not preserved.

I am probably missing something simple, but have been unable to find anything that seems relevant on the Dovecot wiki or searching the mailing lists.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Steven Holloway
IT Technical Consultant
I.T. Basecamp P/L
[http://www.itbasecamp.com.au/signature.gif]<http://www.itbasecamp.com.au/>

Address:

Office 1 Level 1/50 Owen St Huskisson NSW 2540

Phone:

+61 2 44418555 ext 308

Fax:

+61 2 44418551