[Dovecot] Getting started with sieve and conversion from procmail

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 04:30:35 EET 2011

Hi,

I have a fedora15 system with dovecot-v2.0.15, dovecot-pigeonhole and
and amavisd-new and would like to implement it on my system using
postfix. I've read the basic wiki documentation, but I really can't
figure out the proper starting point in my case. I've enabled
"protocol lda" in 15-lda.conf and added "sieve" to the list of
mail_plugins.

I'm trying to adapt postfix to use deliver as its LDA for multiple
virtual domains. I've added the following to master.cf:

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=dovecot:dovecot argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
${sender} -d ${recipient} -a "${RECIPIENT}"

Is that the proper format? Is it okay to use the dovecot user here, or
should I create a new user? What permissions does this user need to
possess?

I've added the following to main.cf:

dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
virtual_transport = dovecot

I have a number of procmail scripts and I've converted them to sieve,
but they didn't convert very well. Can someone show me how to convert
the following:

:0
{
    :0 fhW
    | /home/alex/bin/process-mail.pl
}

The script skipped right over that. I'm also trying to convert the following:

:0
* (RCVD_IN_DNSWL_HI|RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW|RCVD_IN_HOSTKARMA_W)
* !USER_IN_WHITELIST
* !BAYES_00
* !URIBL_
* !KHOP_RCVD_UNTRUST