[Dovecot] issues with 2.1b1 on OS X

metro_domain_admin at fastmail.fm metro_domain_admin at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 19 21:05:13 EET 2011

Two issues came up for me when building 2.1beta1 on OS X (10.5.8 on
PPC). The first was already mentioned in an earlier thread by a BSD user
(http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2011-September/061201.html). I just
wanted to point out that the error is still occurring in spite of a new
test for GNU ld in the configure script. I needed to remove
"-no-undefined" specifically:

    #NOPLUGIN_LDFLAGS="-no-undefined"
    if test "$with_gnu_ld" = yes; then
      NOPLUGIN_LDFLAGS="$NOPLUGIN_LDFLAGS -Wl,--as-needed"
    fi

More important, Dovecot aborts on launch with the following error:

    Nov 19 10:23:52 kerio2 dovecot[33553]: master: Fatal: kevent(EV_ADD,
    READ, 16) failed: Invalid argument

I configured using the same args as I had used successfully on 2.0.15:
--with-gssapi --with-ldap --with-sql --prefix=/opt/dovecot-2.X.X. I also
tried an exact copy of my known-good config from 2.0.15, to no avail.

Thanks,
Tony