[Dovecot] Filesystem quotas

Steve Fatula compconsultant at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 01:44:34 EEST 2011

How do I know, or, how does the user know? I couldn't care less, so, not an issue for me. The user gets notification when their used space is above a certain percent. These are system users, so, email is just one part of their quota space. They might have 1 email, and build a massive file, they'd still be out of space.

So, what do I get by using the Dovecot Quota/FS plugin? Is it just a matter of it counting used space? Something else? Better handling of out of space?