[Dovecot] dovecot2 auth-worker socket perms ignoring assigned ownership settings in conf.d/10-master.conf?

mephistopheles at operamail.com mephistopheles at operamail.com
Wed Oct 12 06:20:13 EEST 2011

On Tuesday, October 11, 2011 7:53 PM, "Paul B. Henson" <henson at acm.org>
wrote:
> You need an extra piece here:
>
> service auth-worker {
>        user = $default_internal_user
>
>        unix_listener auth-worker {
>               user = postfix
>        }

Maybe being too literal, or misunderstanding your 'extra', I changed to,

	service auth-worker {
	#       user  = doveauth
	#       group = dovecot
		user = $default_internal_user

		unix_listener auth-worker {
			user = postfix
		}
	}

At

	telnet 127.0.0.1 143
	etc

I get the same FAIL as above.

But, if first I

	chown doveauth:dovecot /var/run/dovecot/auth-worker

then

	telnet 127.0.0.1 143
	Trying 127.0.0.1...
	Connected to 127.0.0.1.
	Escape character is '^]'.
	* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
	ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
  a login "xxx at domain.loc" "testpass"
	a OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID
	ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
	MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED
	I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
	CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS QUOTA ACL RIGHTS=texk] Logged in

succeeds.