[Dovecot] dovecot2 auth-worker socket perms ignoring assigned ownership settings in conf.d/10-master.conf?

mephistopheles at operamail.com mephistopheles at operamail.com
Wed Oct 12 07:06:52 EEST 2011

> Sorry for any confusion.

np.  issue solved.  for my config,

	service auth-worker {
		user = doveauth
		unix_listener auth-worker {
			user = doveauth
		}

then

	service dovecot-custom restart
	ls -al /var/run/dovecot/auth-worker
	 srw------- 1 doveauth root 0 Oct 11 20:56
	 /var/run/dovecot/auth-worker

better. and,

	telnet 127.0.0.1 4143
		Trying 127.0.0.1...
		Connected to 127.0.0.1.
		Escape character is '^]'.
		* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR
		LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot
		ready.
	a login "xxx at domain.loc" "testpass"
		a OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR
		LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY
		THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT
		CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1
		CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN
		CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS QUOTA ACL RIGHTS=texk] Logged
		in

> I'm curious though, why are you setting the auth stuff up to be owned by
> postfix if you'd trying to authenticate dovecot imap processes? It seems
> you're mixing two different configs.

I'm converting to SQL from flatfiles
(http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/VirtualUserFlatFilesPostfix).

Just haven't gotten to making all the changes yet. Single-stepping
through testing, got to IMAP and found this issue.

Thanks for the help!