[Dovecot] Dovecot not processing through Sieve

Steven Kiehl nanovox at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 18:39:23 EEST 2011

Problem solved.  It appears that my configuration contained two plugin {}
blocks.  One in an include (which is what I was editing) and one in the main
dovecot.conf.  While neither plugin {} block contained anything that would
override the other, it appears that deliver doesn't listen to the second
block.  when I run "dovecot -n" the settings from both blocks are
consolidated and output, but as soon as I removed the duplicate block,
deliver started processing Sieve rules as expected.

It wasn't until I tried hand-delivering a message on the command line that
the issue became obvious.  I'm not sure if deliver is actually paying any
attention to the include options, so I may consolidate my config and forget
about multiple configuration files.

Thanks for your help Stephan!

- Steve K.