[Dovecot] Don't Know Where Emails Are Or What's Happening

Jack Fredrikson jackfredrikson at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 02:45:02 EEST 2011

________________________________
From: Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>
To: "dovecot at dovecot.org" <dovecot at dovecot.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Dovecot] Don't Know Where Emails Are Or What's Happening

First, I'm subscribing to postfix as per your recc and I upgraded my dovecot. What the heck was I doing with such an old version?! lol. My OS is CentOS.

> At a minimum your daemons are running - congratulations!  That's
> always a good start and I remember when I was setting up the sense of
> achievement that brought.

Uhuh!

>  But for now you need to get postfix working
> (their list is great).  Perhaps if you give more details on your
> system I can point you to a better howto.  And maybe more information
> on what you're trying to achieve?  Virtual domain?  Virtual domains?
> Multiple users?  Local users?  All these have an impact on what the
> solution is.

I have clients with their various domains hosted on my server to whom I need to serve email. There will only be me on a slice of one machine interfacing with dovecot/postfix. I have integrated/am integrating Amavis, ClamAV, Spamassassin, PostfixAdmin and SquirrelMail.
Thanks,
Jack