[Dovecot] Quotas with Maildir and mdbox

Sven Hartge sven at svenhartge.de
Fri Oct 28 20:58:49 EEST 2011

Dr Matthew Williams <matthew.williams at bangor.ac.uk> wrote:

> We use LDAP to store our Maildir++ quota information for our Maildir
> mailboxes. I notice in the documentation that only SQL and flat files
> are supported by the dictionary quota if I want to use quota with
> mdbox?  Are there any plans to allow LDAP to be used as the store?

Do you really want to use LDAP to store the constant changing and often
rewritten values for the actual used space of the mailbox?

Believe me, this _will_ cause awful performance.

Reading the maximum quota values from LDAP on the other hand is quite
common, just storing the runtime information about the message count and
the current size is a very very bad idea.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.