[Dovecot] IMAP shows forwarding and vacation files

Nico Suhl nicosuhl at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 28 11:42:04 EEST 2011

Hello,

I'm migrating our mailserver from a linux machine to solaris and got
some small problems with our forwarding and vacation files, which are
stored in the maildir of each user.

I'm now using 2.0.15, on the old machine there was a dovecot 1.

Now the problem is, that the .forward and .vacation files, which are
used by exim, are shown as folders (they have a point...) in imap lists.

This problem only occurs on the new solaris machine and not on the old
linux system (with dovecot v1) or another testing machine with dovecot
2, which runs also under linux.

userdb lookups are static with system account/group of exim.

Is there any way to "hide" the .forward and .vacation files or do i have
to rename or move them? Why are they shown here and not on our testsystems?

regards, Nico Suhl