[Dovecot] Problem with configuring dovecot to take namespaces from database

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 7 18:24:41 EEST 2011

On 7.9.2011, at 18.19, Marcin Mirosław wrote:

>> I don't think you can add new ones via userdb lookup.. You'll basically have to have a template in the config file first, like:
>>
>> namespace newspace {
>> }
>
> Hmm, it doesn't looks flexible ;) But probably should be enough for my purposes. Is feature  "namespace from db" in your plans or it's too rarely needed to spend time on it?

Actually I'm not completely sure if this is needed. Get it working first with this template, and then see if it continues working after removing the template.

> 'test33/location=mdbox:~/.mdbox/test33/' as "namespace/test3/prefix"

This is wrong in any case. It should be something like:

'mdbox:~/.mdbox/test33' as 'namespace/test33/location',
'test33.' as 'namespace/test33/prefix'