[Dovecot] Problem with configuring dovecot to take namespaces from database

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Sep 8 16:18:41 EEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 13:00 +0200, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
> W dniu 08.09.2011 11:40, Timo Sirainen pisze:
> > You can't have two namespaces with prefix="". So for example add:
> >
> > namespace test33 {
> >    prefix = test33.
> > }
>
> I admit that I slightly lost me. Let me try to summarize:
> - i can't use db to keep completely definition of namespace(s)
> -- e.g. user X has no additional namespace, user Y has 3 additonal
> namespaces with location Y1, Y2, Y3
> - if user Z wants new namespace i have to define it in config and
> user_db query should return list=no and hidden=yes for users diffrent
> than Z. I can get from db "location" for such namespace used by user Z.

Forget all of that. I just tried a few ways and looks like you can add
more namespaces by returning e.g. these fields (from SQL):

namespace=nsname
namespace/nsname/prefix=prefix/
namespace/nsname/location=maildir:/elsewhere
namespace/nsname/separator=/

Where nsname is some unique name for the namespace. If you want more
than one namespace, I think you can do it by adding another name to
"namespace" field, e.g.:

namespace=nsname nsname2 nsname3