[Dovecot] problem migrating from maildir to dbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 12 17:09:57 EEST 2011

You changed the mail_location globally to dbox? You should instead do it
one user at a time, like explained in
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync (with initial dsync done before
user's mail_location is ever changed).

Otherwise you'll get these duplicate INBOXes and you'll need to somehow
manually figure out how to merge them. There are "doveadm move" and
"doveadm mailbox delete" commands for example.