[Dovecot] Attacking Dovecot

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Mon Sep 12 18:49:11 EEST 2011

That's all normal activity (failed logins) for any internet facing
machine. They may be dictionary attacks, or not... If they get on your
nerves, block them. Strong passwords will help more.

Also, it's likely that you have forged mail coming in from outside, and
not really "spam from local users" ?

If it is really locally generated, then disable the account.

Ken

--
Ken Anderson
Pacific Internet - http://www.pacific.net