[Dovecot] dovecot-virtual folder configuration

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Sep 16 15:08:23 EEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 00:58 +0200, Pierre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Long story short, I'd like to configure a folder containing:
>
> INBOX
> (some other folders)
>
> -> unseen emails from these folders + all other emails (also seen) from
> the same thread
> -> seen emails from these folders, but only the recent ones + all other
> emails from the same thread

The "other mails from same thread" is still a bit problematic with
virtual folders. From my TODO:

 - virtual: If last message matching INTHREAD rule gets expunged, the rest of
   the thread doesn't go away

First you'll need to create a virtual folder that has all the mails that
you would ever want to see in threads. For example:

virtual/all/dovecot-virtual:
-----
INBOX
Sent
some
other
folders
  all
-----

Then based on that create the virtual mailbox you want:

virtual/newstuff/dovecot-virtual:
-----
virtual/all
  inthread refs or unseen recent