[Dovecot] Sieve envelope :detail "to" "extention" does not deliver to fileinto destination

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Sep 17 00:35:40 EEST 2011

Hi Aleksandar,

Op 15-9-2011 21:13, Aleksandar Lazic schreef:
> Dear Stephan,
>
> [...]
> debug_log "envelope to `${1}'";
> debug_log "envelope to detail `${detail}'"; <= is this a default
>                                                variable?

Eh, no.

> I get
> ===
> sieve: info: started log at Sep 15 21:07:07.
> lists.sieve: line 15: info: DEBUG: envelope to `al-pdnsusers at none.at'.
> lists.sieve: line 16: info: DEBUG: envelope to detail `'.
> info: msgid=<20110915190707.256ED9FECC31 at external.none.at>: stored mail
> into mailbox 'Lists.pdnsusers'.
> ===
>
> Is there a possibility to print the :detail from the subaddress module?
> Maybe like
>
> Pseudocode:
> ===
> set "detail" :detail if :detail not empty
> ===

Let's just print all relevant stuff:

===
require "vnd.dovecot.debug";
require "envelope";
require "variables";
require "subaddress";

if envelope :matches "to" "*" { debug_log "envelope to `${1}'"; }
if envelope :localpart :matches "to" "*" { debug_log "envelope to;
localpart `${1}'"; }
if envelope :user :matches "to" "*" { debug_log "envelope to; user
`${1}'"; }

/* This will print nothing if there is no detail */
if envelope :detail :matches "to" "*" { debug_log "envelope to; detail
`${1}'"; }
===

Yielding, e.g.:

===
main_script: line 6: info: DEBUG: envelope to `stephan-frop at rename-it.nl'.
main_script: line 7: info: DEBUG: envelope to; localpart `stephan-frop'.
main_script: line 8: info: DEBUG: envelope to; user `stephan'.
main_script: line 9: info: DEBUG: envelope to; detail `frop'.
info: msgid=unspecified: stored mail into mailbox 'INBOX'.
===

> Is there a possibility to dump all variables?
> Are there any default variables in variables module?

There are no variables defined other than those that you define (using
the set command or implicitly for match values).

> What does I make wrong that I haven't the :detail from the subaddress?!

My guess is that you need to add the recipient_delimiter setting to the
plugin section also:

plugin {
recipient_delimiter = -
}