[Dovecot] outlook 2007 very slow.

Tue Sep 20 13:46:17 EEST 2011

On 2011-09-20 6:30 AM, dovecot at lists.grepular.com
<dovecot at lists.grepular.com> wrote:
> On 20/09/11 11:21, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>> IMAP support got much better in 2007,
>
> How did it get better? They removed NAMESPACE support when moving from
> 2003 to 2007, which was a complete ball ache for us.

2003 was basically unusable on large mail stores. 2007 actually became
usable, in that it was much more responsive when working with mail, but
my testing didn't really go beyond that, it was more curiosity than
anything (and, I have ONE friend who insists on using Outlook because
the Calendar is so much better than anything else out there).

>> and is even better in 2010

> Do they support ACL in 2010? They don't in 2007, which is really
> frustrating. What is better about 2010 IMAP support compared to 2007?
> I'm genuinely interested to know...

What do you mean by 'ACL support'? Do you mean the ability to
create/edit them on shared folders? If so, then no, not natively, I
don't think, but I didn't do any intensive testing, all I can tell you
is it is much more responsive, especially on larger folders.

--

Best regards,

Charles