[Dovecot] Sieve: Vacation, handle and variable

René Neumann lists at necoro.eu
Wed Sep 21 00:48:54 EEST 2011

Am 20.09.2011 22:38, schrieb René Neumann:
> Hi *,
>
> I am adding a generic way for vacation-replies in my sieve setup. There
> I set the handle and the reason using variables (see end of mail). My
> simple question now is: Though variable expansion is not done for
> subject and reason, is it done for the handle? Because else there seems
> no way in configuring the vacation action via variables.

Ok. I just learned about sieve-test. And this shows me:

* send vacation message:
    => seconds   : 604800
    => subject: FooSubj
    => from   : ...
    => handle : ${vhandle}

So the handle does not expand variables. Hence: Would it be possible to
add for example a non-standard ":expand list" option to vacation, where
'list' contains the names of the options where it is safe to do
variable-expansion?

- René