[Dovecot] 64.31.19.48 attempt to break into my computer

dovecot at lists.grepular.com dovecot at lists.grepular.com
Thu Sep 22 17:42:44 EEST 2011

On 22/09/11 15:39, Rick Romero wrote:

>>> There are additional 'non-official' ClamAV signatures that are meant
>>> to detect phishing attempts.
>>> They do work, but aren't perfect.
>>
>> Got a link? Or are you thinking of the SaneSecurity Signatures?
>
> Yep.  The SaneSecurity Sigs.

We do use ClamAV+SaneSecurity on incoming email, but these are *very*
targetted phishing attacks, and lots of them manage to get through. The
Kochi application that I brought up sits on the *outgoing* mail routers
and prevents people sending out their login details once they've been
tricked.

--
Mike Cardwell https://grepular.com/  https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional  http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell