[Dovecot] outlook 2007 very slow.

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue Sep 27 21:06:22 EEST 2011

On 20/09/2011 03:10, Kui Zhang wrote:
> thunderbird does not really work for us, due to amount of emails per
> mailbox. It was hogging all the memory + cpu.

I think if you disable the new local indexing features in TB then it
should start running fairly decently?

I don't have mega large inboxes, but basically no real concerns with my
normal inboxes which are around the 44K level at the largest and the
remainder around 10K-15K

Obviously it's a whole new problem to push out company wide
configuration with the local indexing/download stuff disabled, but I
think there is some ability to do this in newer versions?

Good luck

Ed W