[Dovecot] What best decision to make for flatfiles or SQL when I use Dovecot2 + Postfix together?

terryjames9461 at mm.st terryjames9461 at mm.st
Wed Sep 28 01:08:14 EEST 2011

Hello Nick,

On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 9:47 PM, "Nick Rosier"
<nick+dovecot at bunbun.be> wrote:

> +1 one on PostfixAdmin. Wouldn't want to live without it. The main
> advantage of using a DB is that all information is stored in 1 location
> and available in the right format through SQL-queries. My 1st config
> used flat-files and the biggest issue was keeping the different files in
> sync (i.e. when creating/deleting users making sure to update all the
> necessary files).

Did you try that system with flatfiles in Dovecot v2 or v1? I think that
this instructed possibility,
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/VirtualUserFlatFilesPostfix, is only for
v2?

Its that sync of the different files that I hope to avoid.  If I can
with flatfiles, all the better.  If not then maybe I will have to use
SQL.  And then the Postfix Admin looks interesting.

TJ