[Dovecot] SSL only for external connections

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Fri Sep 30 23:49:21 EEST 2011

I don't have that file.  Part of the problem is that I'm confused between protocols and wrappers and interfaces :)  Dick and Michael have persuaded me that it's just easier to for Horde not to ask for TLS on port 143 - because that's in fact what I was doing - and it's pointless.

Nonetheless, I think it would be nice to tell Dovecot listen on the local interface for IMAP.  Listen on the external interface for IMAP, IMAPS, POP and POP3S.  But if there's not simple way to do that I don't have a valid use-case for doing it right now.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Happy Weekend.

Simon