[Dovecot] New plugin for Pigeonhole Sieve: sieve_pipe

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Sep 14 01:14:24 EEST 2011

Hello,

I've finished up work on a new plugin for Pigeonhole Sieve: sieve_pipe.
It adds a new Sieve extension (vnd.dovecot.pipe) providing a new action
command that provides the possibility to pipe messages to external
programs (e.g. shell scripts). The programs available to this command
are explicitly limited and subject to administrator configuration.

The plugin can currently only be downloaded from the Mercurial repository:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/pigeonhole-0.2-sieve-pipe

Check the README/INSTALL files in the repository or the new wiki page
for more information:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/pigeonhole-0.2-sieve-pipe/raw-file/tip/README
http://hg.rename-it.nl/pigeonhole-0.2-sieve-pipe/raw-file/tip/INSTALL
http://master.wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Pipe

The specification of the vnd.dovecot.pipe extension can be found here:

http://hg.rename-it.nl/pigeonhole-0.2-sieve-pipe/raw-file/tip/doc/rfc/spec-bosch-sieve-pipe.txt

I'd still call this thing very much experimental, so be sure to test it
extensively first. Don't hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.

Regards,

Stephan.