[Dovecot] Default permissions on newly created maildir

Alex other at ahhyes.net
Tue Sep 20 07:06:16 EEST 2011

 Hi Guys,

 I am setting up SQL auth for mail. Auth works fine, I notice that if no
 maildir exists for the authenticated user, it is created automatically
 (depending on the homedir specified in the sql table entry). The problem
 is that it creates the dir with "700" permissions which is causing grief
 for my MTA when it comes time for it to try and drop mail there. If I
 chmod the dir to 770 things work fine. How do I change the default
 permissions that dovecot uses whenever it creates a new mail account?