[Dovecot] How to port this dovecot-1.x configuration file to dovecot-2.x

forumer at smartmobili.com forumer at smartmobili.com
Fri Sep 23 18:14:06 EEST 2011

Hi,

I am trying to move from dovecot-1.x to dovecot 2.1 but I have this
error :

Sep 23 16:04:13 lda: Error: userdb lookup:
connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed:
Permission denied (euid=5000(vmail) egid=5000(vmail) missing +r perm:
/var/run/dovecot/auth-master, dir owned by 0:0 mode=0755)

and I dont' manage to find information about how to translate this old
configuration part:

socket listen {
     master {
       # Master socket provides access to userdb information. It's
typically
       # used to give Dovecot's local delivery agent access to userdb so
it
       # can find mailbox locations.
       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
       mode = 0600
       # Default user/group is the one who started dovecot-auth (root)
       user = vmail
       #group =
     }
     client {
       # The client socket is generally safe to export to everyone.
Typical use
       # is to export it to your SMTP server so it can do SMTP AUTH
lookups
       # using it.
       path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-client
       mode = 0660