[Dovecot] Mail migration troubles

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 13:51:53 EEST 2012

> On 2012-04-02 6:19 AM, Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> Is the above what I need if I migrate mailboxes FROM dovecot TO dovecot ?
>> E.g. in my example, I only copy mailboxes from an old
> "user at domainA.gr" to
>> "user at domainB.gr".
>>
>> Is the above all I need ?
>>
>> Is there a native dovecot tool for this or should I just use imapsync ?
>
> Are these on ths same box? If so, why not just mv them??

Hi Charles,

Yes, on the same box, on the same drive, on the same
partition/filesystem.
I have a box with dovecot/XMail (pop3/smtp) and two domains;
DomainA and DomainB
The company bosses decided to move about 20 mailboxes from
DomainA to DomainB.
As far as I can tell everything went well except for one
user (so far) that he tries to move fresh mail to (mv'd)
folders and it doesn't get there.
Also when he tries to delete messages, they don't get
deleted.
I did "cp -r" actually and kept the old mailboxes nearby
just in case.

Thanks,

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis