[Dovecot] Mail migration troubles

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 2 15:05:23 EEST 2012

> On 2/4/2012 1:51 μμ, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
>
>> I did "cp -r" actually and kept the old mailboxes nearby
>> just in case.
>
> If on CentOS/RHEL (don't know for other systems), you could try using
> explicitly:
>
>   /bin/cp -pr
>
> for better results, because cp is aliased.
>
> You might already be aware of this, but just in case...
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,

No I didn't know this.
I mean I had it stored in the back of my head but
to tell you the truth I would never use it.
Yes, thank you kindly for pointing that.

I'll use that switch from now on.
And , yes, I am using CentOS.
Can't live without it, no matter what the people
say :-)

Thank you again,

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
- Vangelis