[Dovecot] Dsync automation

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Tue Apr 3 01:26:43 EEST 2012

Jitendra Bhaskar <jeetuindian at gmail.com> writes:

> I am using dovecot-2.1.3 on centos 5.7. Its running fine. I have two
> systems for mail server one is for backup. Currently I am running rsync
> daily. But I want to use dsync. I went through all the
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync and
> http://blog.dovecot.org/2012/02/dovecot-clustering-with-dsync-based.htmlbut
> I couldn't understood how to automatize dsync. Can anybody give me any
> idea ho to do it ?

As far as I can tell, doing a for loop around 'doveadm user \*' is the
only way. That will do a dsync of all the users. On the backup server
you will need to decide what to do with the data. I've been rotating it
on a daily basis to try and get several daily backups, then some weekly,
and monthly.

I've been working on a backupninja[0] handler to do dsync backups, but
its still rough.

micah

0. https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/backupninja