[Dovecot] setting up ldap for sasl

jeff donovan jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Tue Apr 3 03:56:42 EEST 2012

On Apr 2, 2012, at 9:01 AM, jeff donovan wrote:

> Greetings
> im new to the list
> dovecot --version
> 2.0.13
> ubuntu 11.10
> i want to use dovecot to authenticate my ldap users.  My local users can authenticate and send email. Using postfix sasl/tls dovecot pam.
>
> I have read many docs/tutorials, which all have a plethora of options and information. my file structure is different than most of the documentation.
> I have ../etc/dovecot.conf which points to.
>
> !include_try /usr/share/dovecot/protocols.d/*.protocol
> !include conf.d/*.conf
> !include_try local.conf

i included /etc/dovecot/conf.d/dovecot-ldap.conf

and I get errors from dovecot config.

doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/dovecot-ldap.conf line 17: Unknown setting: hosts
doveconf: Error: managesieve-login: dump-capability process returned 89

i remove it, then it goes to the next option i have set;

doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/dovecot-ldap.conf line 21: Unknown setting: uris
doveconf: Error: managesieve-login: dump-capability process returned 89

any help would be great

-j