[Dovecot] Problem with polish characters and sieve fileinto

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Apr 6 20:08:17 EEST 2012

On 4/5/2012 3:47 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Op 4/5/2012 3:29 PM, l.chelchowski at eurocar.pl schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have problems with sieve fileinto and polish characters in folder
>> names:
>> # rule:[ąćęłńóśźżĄĆĘŁŃÓŚŹŻ]
>> elsif anyof (header :contains "Subject" "ąćęłńóśźżĄĆĘŁŃÓŚŹŻ")
>> {
>>     fileinto "INBOX/&AQUBBwEZAUIBRADzAVsBegF8AQQBBgEYAUEBQwDTAVoBeQF7-";
>> }
>
> Looks like your Sieve GUI uses the wrong Unicode format. The above is
> mUTF7 as used by IMAP. However, Sieve expects UTF-8. So it should use
> this instead:
>
> fileinto "INBOX/ąćęłńóśźżĄĆĘŁŃÓŚŹŻ";

Added item to the troubleshooting wiki page:

http://master.wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Troubleshooting#Mailbox_Names_with_non-ASCII_Characters_Cause_Problems

By the looks of it, you are also using the RoundCube SieveRules plugin.
The solution for RoundCube mentioned in the wiki should solve it for you.

Regards,

Stephan.