[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA/LMTP vs postfix virtual delivery agent and the x-original-to header

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Mon Apr 9 04:20:19 EEST 2012

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 14:30:38 -0400, Jerry wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Apr
2012 11:06:48 -0700
> Daniel L. Miller articulated:
>
>> Unfortunately,
the docs for the ltmp agent http://www.postfix.org/lmtp.8.html [1] don't
say anything about adding these headers. I tried asking on the Postfix
list - didn't get much of an answer.

> I may be wrong; however, from
what I have been able to understand in
> regards to the Postfix
documentation, if it does not explicitly claim to
> have a feature, then
that feature is not available. In other words, if
> it doesn't state it
can do it, it can't.

As I just stated on that list - even though a
given feature may be documented, the possible uses of that feature may
not be immediately apparent. And while the Postfix lda & virtual
transports have the "flag" parameters, and the lmtp transport does not -
the lmtp transport DOES have a whole slew of other parameters not
available in the lda. So I was simply inquiring if there was a way to
achieve my goal - given that my understanding of smtp handling in
general, and Postfix in particular, are extremely limited.

For some
reason, I seem to irritate people with my polite questions - while
others who are (in my opinion) downright rude and aggressive get
assistance and acceptance. Maybe I need to start being more of a jerk on
purpose...

--
Daniel

Links: