[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA/LMTP vs postfix virtual delivery agent and the x-original-to header

Mon Apr 9 15:50:42 EEST 2012

On 2012-04-09 3:33 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 5.4.2012, at 15.59, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if the use of LMTP (or even the dovecot LDA) still
>> loses the x-original-to header that the postfix vda adds and that I
>> rely heavily on (since I use a lot of aliases), and if it does, is
>> there any solution to get the original recipient added back in
>> before final delivery?

> LMTP adds a new Delivered-To:<rcpt-to at address>  header when there is
> a single RCPT TO. You can force a single RCPT TO from Postfix side by
> setting lmtp_destination_recipient_limit=1. LMTP doesn't
> add/remove/change X-Original-To: header.

Ok, thanks Timo... but...

Are you saying that this 'Delivered-To:' header can somehow be leveraged
to provide the same info as the x-original-to header?

If not, since it was the postfix virtual delivery agent that added the
x-original-to, and since using lmtp means I would not be using the
postfix vda, is the appropriate place to add this header in dovecot's
lmtp implementation (and if so, how hard would it be)? Or would this
need to be done somehow on the postfix side (if so, I'll go ask on the
postfix list)? Sorry for my ignorance - but as I said, I rely on this
header (I use a ton of aliases, and without it I can't see the original
(alias) recipient), so I need to determine if I'm going to be able to
use lmtp or not (obviously, I would much prefer to do so)...

Thanks again Timo...

--

Best regards,

Charles