[Dovecot] Problem with quota warning

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 10 15:31:13 EEST 2012

On 10.4.2012, at 13.44, Patrick Westenberg wrote:

> I switched from dovecot-lda to lmtp for my quota warnings but there is something wrong with the parameters:
>
> /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/lmtp -d $USER -o "plugin/quota=dict:User quota::file:%h/mdbox/dovecot-quota:noenforcing"

This is not how to use LMTP. You need to tell your MTA to connect to it via UNIX socket or via TCP. You don't execute the LMTP.

> Both parameters are listed on http://wiki2.dovecot.org/LMTP.
> So is this my fault or wrong information on the page?

It says "Compared to dovecot-lda parameters", so it's describing where dovecot-lda parameters are taken with LMTP. I guess it could be said in some clearer way, but I don't really know how.