[Dovecot] Folder Aliases - Revisited Yet Again Four Years Later

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 11 08:55:04 EEST 2012

On 11.4.2012, at 8.12, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Yes, this is much easier with v2.1 I think. The new listescape plugin is just a tiny wrapper that will probably just be replaced by a setting some day in future. I haven't actually tried to write such alias plugin though.

Here: http://dovecot.org/patches/2.1/mailbox-alias-plugin.c

But as it is, it doesn't really work in a useful way, since e.g.:

x create real
x OK Create completed.
x list "" real
x OK List completed.
x list "" alias
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "alias"
x OK List completed.
x create real
x NO [ALREADYEXISTS] Mailbox already exists
x status real (messages)
* STATUS "real" (MESSAGES 0)
x OK Status completed.

Perhaps a more useful feature would be if LIST showed both alias and real? That would need a bit more code.