[Dovecot] Bug tracker

Warren Baker warren at decoy.co.za
Wed Apr 11 11:24:55 EEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Antoine Nguyen <ngu.antoine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 11 avril 2012 09:23, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> a écrit :
>> > I would have the option of adding a comment that doesn't go to the
>> mailing list
>>
>> But I'm beginning to think that no BTS supports that in the way I want.
>> And it's not a huge problem for me really, just means that this mailing
>> list may get a bit more pointless notifications than necessary.
>>
>> Although I'm also not seeing much documentation about email notifications
>> in general. Can it be configured to send comment updates, but no other
>> updates? I guess this could also be kludged by dropping unwanted emails in
>> MTA.
>>

> AFAIK, yes. You can choose on which kind of event Redmine sends a
> notification. The documentation is not the best I've seen but the
> administration panel is pretty simple to understand.

There is a default notification option which is set to 'Only for
things I watch or I'm involved in' - which in your case Timo you would
receive everything since you would be the project owner.

There are also global settings that you can configure which provide
the ability to send notifications for certain events only:

- Issue added
- Issue updated
- Note added
- Status updated
- Priority updated
- News added
- Comment added to a news
- Document added
- File added
- Message added
- Wiki page added
- Wiki page updated

I think there is also a plugin to disable email notifications entirely
for a user.

--
.warren