[Dovecot] Better to use a single large storage server or multiple smaller for mdbox?

Dirk Jahnke-Zumbusch dirk.jahnke-zumbusch at desy.de
Thu Apr 12 17:08:31 EEST 2012

Hi there,

 > I have to say - I haven't actually seen this happen... Do any of your
 > big mailstore contacts observe this, eg rackspace, etc?

Just to throw in to the discussion that with (silent) data corruption
not only "the disk" is involved but many other parts of your systems.
So perhaps you would like to have a look at

https://indico.desy.de/getFile.py/access?contribId=65&sessionId=42&resId=0&materialId=slides&confId=257

http://indico.cern.ch/getFile.py/access?contribId=3&sessionId=0&resId=1&materialId=paper&confId=13797

The documents are from 2007 but the principals are still the same.

Kind regards
Dirk